Community Health Center (CHC) boards are comprised of individuals with unique backgrounds and experience; the most effective boards come together and provide a united voice of leadership for their health center.
Board members are stewards of their CHC and represent the voice of the community in which the health center operates. Being a board member is a commitment, and having access to accurate information will help members make the best decisions for their health centers within the scope of applicable laws and regulations.
CHAD provides technical assistance and training to CHCs and their boards on a variety of topics including:
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Board and Staff Relationships
- Governing Board Effectiveness
- Establishing Organization Policy
- Legal Responsibility
- Financial Responsibility
- Corporate Planning
- Organizational Performance
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Emergency Preparedness and Response