At a community health center (CHC), you join a team of health professionals, community members and patients that work together on effective, long-term, community-based solutions to meet the primary health care need of the community.
Working for a CHC is a unique experience with many advantages over careers in other types of health care organizations.
Making a Difference in a Mission-Driven Environment
- Provide quality health care to underserved populations
- Reduce health disparities among those experiencing barriers to health care
- Serve all patients regardless of their ability to pay
- Conduct outreach to the community
Federal and state programs provide scholarship and loan repayment for many health professional occupations. Working at a CHC meets eligibility requirements for these programs.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Positive work/life balance
- Professional medical malpractice cost covered for employees of CHCs that receive federal funds under Section 330 of the PHS Act (FTCA - Federal Torts Claim Act).
- Opportunity to participate in peer networking team and share best practices
- Additional training and technical assistance provided by the state primary care association
Find a job at a North Dakota or South Dakota community health center.